View Single Post
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete3799 View Post
Push in on the fan belt (right side) and turn the motor over with the nut on the alt.
Sounds like you're maybe one tooth off on the dist.
I'm leaning that way now, especially after the comment about having to turn the dizzy all the way to the stops to get it to run even somewhat right.

BTW, I machined the adjustment slot on mine intentionally so I could crank it all the way to the stop...in order to get 12 degrees advance at idle (that's with the vacuum retard line connected...so call that 22 degrees once I get above 1500rpms and the vac retard drops off). Then the mechanical advance takes over from there.

In a "normally" timed car, i.e., 1-2 degrees ATDC idle retard, your dizzy should be somethere mid-point in it's rotation adjustment.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)