View Single Post

There's a cut-off year somewhere in the 70's I think where they 'updated' (term used loosley)to the yellow relays, vs. a standard round black one. It seems that early on when I was troubleshooting what I thought was a yellow problem, that swapping it with a black one did not work...but then somewhere along the line I found the problem to be the overspeed relay under the seat. So I presume that round vs. yellow rectangular relays only work in the year of car they were wired for.

I took that overspeed relay apart and re-soldered all the points I would get to and fixed the issue. Have since found a used one that I got for $45, which now resides in my glove box. And of course I also have a spare yellow that I probably didn't need after all. Money pits, these cars, sometimes.

Fred, the yellow has nothing to do with ignition...just fuel.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)