View Single Post

I removed all the lambda stuff from my '87 years ago. The frequency valve is controlled and driven by the k-jetronic lambda box under the driver seat and is connected to it through the lambda harness that runs back through the firewall on the left side and terminates at the multi pin plug on the rear crossmember next to the left side shock tower.

There is a rubber socket on the side of the rear relay panel for checking the pulse frequency or dwell time of the frequency valve with an oscilliscope type meter to check how it's working but I never knew there was a fuse for the frequency valve somewhere.

I'm curious, can you tell me where the frequency valve fuse is?

The frequency valve returns varying amounts of fuel from the lower differential chambers in the aluminum lambda fuel head and returns it to the gas tank through the return line.

By definition it controls another form of hydraulic control pressure that has nothing to do with the WUR and I can explain what happens as it does that if you want to know, but the end result is it changes the amount of fuel injected to make the engine run as lean as possible at all times except for during cold strart and when it's under boost so it can pass emission testing and they could sell these cars in the USA again starting from 1986 on.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)