View Single Post

Those are all really good questions. One approach would be 'while you're in there' replace it all. But if your clutch hasn't been giving you any trouble at all, and it does appear you've got a lot left in the disc anyway, then you can go the cheapo route and bolt it all back together and wait for failure some 1000's of miles later and do it all over again. Then do the thrust bearing (and the crank seal behind the flywheel) and the TOB, and the flywheel surfacing.

Hard to say from the pictures, but looks like some heat marks on the PP, which is probably normal depending on miles etc.

Me, I started modding my car until it became too much for the clutch (started slipping) then replaced everything with KEP, etc. The sticker shock hurt a bit, but it's done hopefully for a long time to come.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)