View Single Post

I've got a K27HFS and a K27 7006 and I've switched back and forth between them.
The boost threshold of the HFS is only about 300 rpm lower than the 7006 and it is about 3000 rpms. Boost threshold is no where near as low as you say and I know that for fact because I have one. I also have B&B headers and 964 cams with ignition timing advanced more than stock that pulls back to a hair above stock when on boost

Once your up around 5000 rpms on up the 7006 blows the doors off the HFS because it has a much larger hot side housing and turbine wheel that lets the engine breath out better or get rid of the exhaust gasses easier than the HFS and that makes alot more horsepower with the same boost level.

THe HFS is a lousy design and the 7006 is a much better and more effficiant turbo... period. The 7006 is the most durable K27 made.
I know that because I own and have driven with both of them and my HFS was rebuilt by durabilt with a 360 degree thrust bearing and it is much better now than when the origonal builder put it together with a 270 degree thrust bearing and eroded bearing housing.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)