View Single Post
Registerd 930 user nut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
This timing stuff will make your head spin and keep you awake at night trying to understand it. I think Jim did a good job explaining, as well as can be done with a keyboard.

I do not have WMI and I think I'm ok without it because when on full boost all the extra timing I added at idle has all been shaved off by the MSD 8762 and by the boost retard to the vacuum pot to where I'm left in the normal timing safety zone for these cars (maybe a degree or two more, but I don't have the means to test the actual under-boost timing). WMI becomes critical when running higher boost numbers, higher timing advance, higher compression ratios, and/or crappy lower octane gas...or any combination of those.
Belive it or not with all the good posts by yourself and JFairman and all the rest of the gang I am starting to understand this and will definatly invest in a MSD setup this year.
All I was able to do was to check how much advance I have when I pull the retard side hose at idle. Timing mark 2deg BTDC with hose attached and 15-16 deg BTDC with the hose removed. So I'm getting a little more than the expected 10 advance with the hose pulled. Didn't have any help today to opperate the throttle to check the rest with the my-t-vac. Stay tuned. Car is running good though. Have to put the a V1 on the top of the list to buy soon.
Old 04-21-2013, 03:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)