View Single Post

here are some pics of pulling wires thru the wire harness. it was not that hard. i soldered the new wire to the old wire, then filed the solder joint down to make it smooth and smaller so it would not damage excisting wires. then with a little lube in the harness, i pulled it thru. i "messaged" the wires harness a little and made sure it was straight as possible and it pulled right through.
both wires looked really good except the one cut on the white wire that was outside the harness.

next came what to do on the CD end for connectors. the anal part of me "had" to try to re-crimp the new wire into the old connector. maybe not a good idea. i ended up soldering the new wire on to the old crimp.
with the ground wire, i spliced it and put heat shink on it and back into the harness it went.

for the coil ends, i crimped and then soldered the wires.
the best way to do this is to crimp it first, no tinning the wire. then with a little flux on the solder, just solder it enough to get the end of the wire.

there is also a pic of my test setup.
08 VOLVO V70 190K:: [__] RUNNING: [__] NOT RUNNING:
90 B2200[__] RUNNING:[] NOT RUNNING:__2000 MER E320 WAGON [] WRECKED:[]RUNNING:
Old 04-22-2013, 04:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)