View Single Post

Garage
Help with Motronic controlled 3.3 turbo

Hello,

I purchased my 88 turbo in Florida in December and had it shipped to me in the PNW. Beautiful car and "stage 3" performance mods. I wanted to tap into the knowledge base here to answer some questions. What I know is a 88 turbo block with single plug heads, 964 cams, 3.2 Carrera intake and fuel rails with 944 injectors. All controlled by a Motronic system. I cannot identify the Garrett turbo so will be removing the bumper to further id. I am attaching a pic with the full bay intercooler off for a visual. My question is how the Motronic was mapped for the turbo application since it was not used in turbo applications until 1996, correct? Is it likely a custom chip or can one map the system using an external device. I am going to start adding some additional performance mods and am just trying to understand what my baseline is. What is the upper limit of HP potential with the 964 cams and fuel and ignition system in place? I am a bit green on turbo systems but am learning fast so appreciate comments.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)