View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailwind22 View Post
Hello,

My question is how the Motronic was mapped for the turbo application since it was not used in turbo applications until 1996, correct? Is it likely a custom chip or can one map the system using an external device.
Are you sure the car is a 930 not a turboed Carerra? I haven't seen people add motronic to 930s... If it is stage 3 Protomotive it should have some serious power, I think stage 3 for them was something like 500 maybe 600hp at the crank. Which was a 3.2 with 3.3 pistons and cylinders... The 944 Turbo used Motronic too.

Protomotive would also upgrade the ECU with map sensing but yours is still using the AFM, if you're planing on mods, that should be your first area, the AFM is terrible for boost. And yes it is usually a chip with their own fuel pressure regulator which will be hidden behind the intake on the far left. From memory the unit is black replacing the factory bronze coloured unit, you will see a little clear piece of tubing coming out of it if it's the Protomotive version. Do you have a pic of the intercooler?
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 04-22-2013, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)