View Single Post
gearhead

While I am not going to pretend to be really in the know, even though I am regarding his gearbox Eddie has shared bits and pieces with me because it is relevant to the gearbox, among other things.

A car like this has one cornerstone. Tune tune tune. It is why he can drive it on the street. It it why he can have such huge variances in trap speeds throughout the weekend of the recent invitational event. And why a car like this is so durable. he doesn't stress it anymore than what it takes to win. And while some of those other cars had hundreds more horsepower than he did, I suspect Eddie often had 200-300 more hp than they did at lower rpms because he has a tune with less peaky boost and more consistent power across the range.

He can change his power levels and tune in every gear and on the fly. And that is part of what blows my mind. The guy is covering 1/4 mi in less than 10 seconds, doing over 170mph at the end and is making adjustments 5 seconds into it!!! And people say straight line racing doesn't take skill. Hah!

Last edited by Matt Monson; 04-22-2013 at 10:04 PM..
Old 04-22-2013, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)