View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Are you sure the car is a 930 not a turboed Carerra? I haven't seen people add motronic to 930s... If it is stage 3 Protomotive it should have some serious power, I think stage 3 for them was something like 500 maybe 600hp at the crank. Which was a 3.2 with 3.3 pistons and cylinders... The 944 Turbo used Motronic too.

Protomotive would also upgrade the ECU with map sensing but yours is still using the AFM, if you're planing on mods, that should be your first area, the AFM is terrible for boost. And yes it is usually a chip with their own fuel pressure regulator which will be hidden behind the intake on the far left. From memory the unit is black replacing the factory bronze coloured unit, you will see a little clear piece of tubing coming out of it if it's the Protomotive version. Do you have a pic of the intercooler?
Again, I am almost 100% sure that Protomotive did not do the work, but the term Stage III was used. The bulk of the mods were done back in the early 2000s and the enginge has had about 15,000 miles put on it since then. The only shop that I was able to contact really doesn't remember the details from back then and has not been dependable for calling me back. The car is a 88 930, as is the motor. The addition of a 3.2 Carrerra intake and the Motronic may make one think that it is a 3.2 but the engine code says different. Here is a pic of the intercooler:

Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)