View Single Post

Quote:
as i am connecting the ground there are some small sparks, THEN... THE FREAKING ENGINE STARTS UP!!!! no starter, it just starts running. scared the piss out of me! and actaully freaked me out. (for seveeral years now my head feels like i am in "fog" or hung over. sometimes i have to stop and really think about what i see or what i am doing and think is this really what i am seeing).
so i get in and start driving again. well, it does it again. i left the key on, wiggle the ground wire, FROOM! its runnig again. since i am not out on a busy street, i try it again. remove the wire, engine dies, connect it, its running. first i had to think, did i hear the starter, but no!
i guess this is why porsche kills the fuel pumps then the CD unit.
This is one crazy story T77, the engine started without the starter turning the engine first?

Quote:
this seems to be heat related too. when cold, it does not do it but it does not take long for it to start under normal conditions. (part of the reason i thought fuel/mixture related).
Is your fuel pump fuse red hot after your drive?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)