View Single Post

Your post is not clear to me. You mentioned replacing the boost sender "gauge", but it sounds as though you have replaced the sender unit (large orange rubber covered thing) that sends it's signal to the boost gauge in the cockpit. If so, they usually have just one wire connected to one of the spades. The body of the sender unit itself serves as the ground. Though to be honest I can't see mine anymore since I relocated it some time ago, but I seem to remember just the one wire (maybe there was a second wire for grounding, but it's really not necessary if I recall).

I think xbmwguy is talking about the overboost sensor switch, which also has a white wire to it that serves as a ground. For that unit, if the ground is open (such as when the switch trips due to over boost and opens the connection to ground) the engine will not run. If that unit is faulty, then removing the wire and connecting it to ground will bypass the overboost sensor.

But back to the boost gauge 'sensor'. If you were to ground out the white wire, it may peg the gauge. There are two spade locations on that sender if I recall. One is for an additional ground, and the other is for the sender connection. Perhaps you have the connections reversed.

Sorry, not much help since I can't see mine to give you better detail.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 04-23-2013 at 06:36 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)