View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholio94112 View Post
...just purchased a new boost sender gauge and placed it on the Kokeln IC, where the broken one was...i understand its a white wire from the harness that is its mate...the white wire has been connected to another wire ( ground?) coming from the manifold...
...to anyone who isnt an electro-moron like myself, should i remove this ground connection from the manifold???does the new gauge need to be ground???or am i way off in right field altogether???
i appreciate all responses and advice...
AaRoN
Do yourself a favor and disregard the boost gage inside the tach. It is fairly useless as it is inaccurate. Its hard to see as well.

The best thing to do is buy a VDO mechanical boost gage and install it in the clock location and tap into the brake booster line for a signal. Way more visible and 100% more accurate.
There is plenty of posts here on the forum discussing this gage and its installation.

You will be amazed at the difference in behavior of the 2 gages when you compare them while driving the car. The stock one you are correcting with the sending unit is way off.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)