View Single Post
Kartoffelkopf

Garage
I've had a couple of 996's....the pre-facelift Carrera2 had a space-saver, mounted vertically IIRC, the post facelift GT3, just had a polystyrene insert into the wheel recess with an inflation pack (foam and electric pump).

The C2 and Turbo/GT3/C4 chassis are different of course, the GT3 using the C4 chassis without the 4wd gubbins, but it did mean that the frunk layout was different (less roomy) than a C2...or perhaps the GT3 didn't have one simply to save weight

The toolkit should definitely be there though, including a rather nice ally jack and importantly, the screw-in spindle for the wheel hub. When removing a wheel, remove one of the bolts (the 12 o'clock one), replace with this 6" long ally spindle which acts as a guide to help prevent the wheel knackering the paint on the calipers, and the disc damaging the inside of the rim. Cars with PCCB had 2 x studs to REALLY try and prevent the wheel crashing into the disc. Simple but effective.

If you go onto the Porsche Website you can download the PET for each model (it's also linked somewhere here on Pelican). That'll be the ultimate arbitor as to whether your MY Turbo had a wheel or inflation pack with electric pump. It'll prob also have the contents of the toolkit on one of the first pages.

HTH
Spencer.
1993 (MY92) 964 Turbo 3.3 - Horizon Blue - Follow my 964 Turbo project here... http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-engine-rebuilding-forum/626572-964-3-3-turbo-efi-conversion-using-syvecs-life-racing-engine-management.html
On Instagram (along with other stuff) as @spenny_.b #spennybengineproject

Last edited by Spenny_b; 04-24-2013 at 02:19 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)