View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholio94112 View Post
...okay guys, i tested the boost gauge and sensor...with ignition on, sensor NOT connected to brown wire, needle maxxes out...if i touch the brown wire to ground, the needle settles to zero...so gauge is good, problem is with sensor???how its brand new???and its not made by URO...does it need to be grounded???if so, how, with only one spade connection???
...sorry if its all elementary, i have never had a working boost gauge, so i dont feel i understand the turbo concept aty all when reading other posts...i drive by feel...but hell i wonder if the overboost sensor even functions...
Read what I said earlier. Mounted to the IC may not give good ground. Yes, rig up an external ground and it should work. Hell, just take one end of a large clamp (like a batter jumper cable) and clamp on to the body, with the other end to ground somewhere. That will settle the question.

Make sure you have the brown/white striped wire connected to the sender, and the white wire to the overboost switch...as Bill pointed out. As to the overboost sensor, it probably works fine but remember if you don't have the white wired connected to it then your car will not run. That switch provides a ground path, and will open when overboost situations occur, interrupting the ground and killing the fuel pumps.

You may have to remove your new boost gauge sensor, and see if there is a spot on the body where you can drill a small hole to mount a wire. Then run the other end to a good ground. You gotta ask yourself, "what would Fred Flintstone do"?

Hang in...you're almost there!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 04-24-2013 at 06:17 PM..
Old 04-24-2013, 06:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)