View Single Post

As to the "basket case" being discussed, a buyer just called to say he had been offered a fairly original 76 for $40K. It has been unused for many years with a complete older poor repaint of original color, metallic copper brown, not running, ( broken head studs?) with 38K miles and might buy it. Sounds like the prices have continued to rise since i last sold any early cars. I have a 77 with most desirable colors ( silver w lobster leather/cloth ) with 24k miles and records from new. Some repaint due to the problems with the original silver two part paint that the factory offered warranty on. For those not familiar the clear coat crazes under certain conditions on the early metallic w/clear coat cars. I have only seen one perfect totally original silver early car in over 25 years. Anyway on mine the intercooler/ muffler is changed. A guy currently wants it for around $70-80K. I'm still reluctant to sell. 2 years ago I sold a excellent complete as delivered new, original, 1977 30K mile red / tan sunroof delete for around $60 K and thought it was right, now i would not let it go for that price, or am I off? I actually like the silver/lobster one I kept far better than the one I sold so maybe "beauty is in the eye" applies.

Last edited by voitureltd; 04-26-2013 at 06:45 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)