View Single Post

Garage
After fixing the oil return the to the main tank issue I thought I was done in that area.
Whilst driving the car a little last weekend I noticed a small amount of oil bubbling
at the base of the small oil tank breather filter I installed.
Seeing as the car hadn't been driven far or pushed hard I though that could only get worse under more extreme driving so I have decided to install a oil breather/catch tank.
So I'll route the outlet made for the breather filter to the catch tank and hopefully this should stop any future problems.

Turbo oil return to main tank:

There is an internal 12mm pipe that runs into the main neck of the filler, so the turbo return oil is deposited as far down the neck as I could get it to minimize any getting back up towards the breather filter.
1980 SC Flatnose, Euro 3.0, LW Flywheel, 993 Cams, Port & Polish Heads, RS Cut Valves, MSD 6AL, Blaster Coil, Magnacor Leads, Boxster Brakes, WEVO Mounts, TRG Roll Bars, Rollcage, RSR rear fenders, OE Short Sift, K27 7200 Turbo Conversion, OBX Headers, Tial Wastegate, EFI MicroSquirt v3

Last edited by gavinc69; 04-25-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #119 (permalink)