View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark houghton View Post
Mr. Rubble,

I hope you don't feel that my comments about Fred Flintstone had anything to do with you. Just a coincidence that your name happens to be Fred.
I used to be quoted as saying "what would the pioneers have done", then modified to say "what would the cavemen have done", and have now polished my witticism to reference Fred Flintstone....since much of what I do is admittedly Pleistocene era. Function before form is another one of my worthless words to live by.

Fer sure, a nice VDO is the ultimate ticket. But hopefully all this discussion will assist those who just absolutely must have a working stock POS gauge.
No problem man, I did not take it that way at all. I just thought it would be fun to add a little humor to all the posts. I take myself and life too seriously sometimes and thought it would be funny to start a little banter back and forth. I appreciate the apology but it was definitely not necessary.
I am surprised you noticed the B Rubble reference. I thought it was funny to sign it that way. I did not want to make you feel I was offended in anyway. Sorry bout that.
You always give good advice on the forums, but I hate to see this guy spend alot of time and cash on fixing the stock unit when I have found the VDO so much nicer. That said I do understand the desire to fix the stock components to make them work as designed.....its part of my German nature and stubborness.

Take it easy,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"

Last edited by fredmeister; 04-25-2013 at 04:04 PM..
Old 04-25-2013, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)