View Single Post

Garage
...well a generous pelican offered he send a unit he knows to be functioning - and i received it yesterday...ive beefed up the ground to the IC, ground the sender unit as well - but gauge still pegs...it only zeroes when i ground the sender wire - but then the battery warning light goes on - like theres an alt. problem or a broken belt, etc...browsing through schematic diagrams that go beyong my scope of understanding, i see that somehow that lil' blue wire of the alternator and the boost pressure sender are connected - so that somehow doesnt entirely surprise me...pelican did send me a sender unit quite different from the unit ive been comparing it to...one has a reddish rubber cap atop, and seeming two connection points labelled G and WK...my unit appears, on the surface like the oil pressure sender, with 1 unlabelled connection point...so im confused, but plugging and connecting away at different ways 2 or 3 wires can be oriented...in case anyone is in the same boat...no land yet in sight...OLGA runs perfect though....
Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)