View Single Post

Quote:
To your question, I believe (but could be wrong) that that relay serves both functions - left/right signals as well as emergency all-blinking-at-the-same-time. I replaced mine a few years ago and has been working just fine (after first taking the old one apart and cleaning it...which worked for several months before going south again. I'm just so damn frugle sometimes...).

Sounds like OSI930's got you headed in the right direction. I wonder about your headlight dimming issue, though. One would think that hi vs lo is relay controlled via the signal for the switch position, as opposed to all those headlight amps being drawn across the column switch contacts. I've never had to mess with it and would have to look at the relay diagrams up front. I could be all wet (again). You apparently have that one all figured out, otherwise why the new switch?
The headlight dimmer in the column switch is just a layer of contacts that are nearly impossible to get to to clean cuz the switch is riveted together with micro rivets like those I don't have, so just bought a new one...
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)