View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
very hot fuse holder for fuel pumps

How hot should the fuse and fuse holder inside the front truck get with the fuel pumps running?

I was taking pressure readings with the CIS gage kit and running the fuel pumps with the electrical connector on the metering plate disconnected and the front fuel pump is very loud. I dont remember hearing it run much last season when i was driving before i started my rebuild.

I felt the fuel pump relays and they are pretty hot but the fuse and the copper holder that they fit into is too hot to touch, it burns my fingers.

This does not seem normal to be so hot, but am looking for advice whether to replace the front pump or not.

The car will not run at idle anymore, but I was attributing this to a bad MSD program since i also installed a prgrammable 6AL2 at the same time and am in the throws of aginy trying to program it. But now I have emulated the stock ignition timing curves and the car runs for about 2 minutes at idle and then it starts to run rough and my AF ratio reading start bouncing all over.

Is this the front pump failing?

Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-03-2013, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)