View Single Post

I did some searching a while back and this is what I came up with... from an RX-7 forum of all places

"Quote from: nickt93 on June 11, 2011, 09:11:39 PM

Quote from: Rayminator on June 11, 2011, 04:28:03 PM

Wasn't Eddie MIA for several years? Seems he disappeared for some time.

Yeah. He was in prison, I believe it had something to do with stolen Porsches. I think that was a while back."

Don't spread bull****... that's the worst thing about the internet, people will just repeat anything they hear. Then the subject of the gossip has to deal with crap like this forever, and it just snowballs. Eddie got arrested back in 2001 because he had stolen parts in his shop... but it was customer stuff. Some guys in his same complex apparently WERE chopping cars, but how much he knew, who knows? I think it was more a matter of being associated with the wrong people. As far as I know, he was never convicted and never went to jail. But don't take my word for it, go look for yourself: http://nysdocslookup.docs.state.ny.us/GCA00P00/WIQ2/WINQ120 This will let you search anyone who has been incarcerated in New York since well before this happened. Eddie is in his mid 40s... Let us know what you find.

As far as I'm concerned, Eddie is a good guy. I like him, I can vouch for him being a straight shooter, and I'd have no problem trusting him with my stuff. Is he perfect? No. But neither am I, and I don't know many people who are.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if I have built stolen engines or machined/worked on stolen parts for customers... How am I to know what's legit and what isn't? If I see something obviously wrong or out of place, I'll call the cops. Otherwise, how do you know? I got a call from an FBI agent about 10 years ago asking if I had bought any parts from a particular person, or had any dealings with him. I had been offered the stuff in question, but I knew something wasn't right. That could have easily gone the other way if I were less honest, and I would have been screwed.

Anyway, don't post stuff that you don't know first hand to be factual, especially stuff like this.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)