View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
How much blowby did you see or hear in the stock wastegate when you pressure tested it?

I mean was it a loud woosh of air or a slight bleed off? Your overboost is probably coming from leakge past the valve stem assuming the diaphragm is not leaking.

Would be interested in getting feedback from you on how much clearance you find between the valve stem and the guide if you ever take the housing apart to fix it.

I have been looking for the spec on this clearance for awhile with no luck yet. In case I ever found a shop to make a replacement guide for a reasonable cost.

Thanks,
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 05-06-2013, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)