View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
No you do not need new heat exchangers.
Here is a picture of my '78 Euro system with heat tubes attached:
[pic]
Your Carrera engine will be missing the heater tin at the fan shroud that matches up to these tubes. A short length of aluminum hose attaches the heater shroud ducts to the heat exchanger tubing. You can substitute SCAT tubing as we did in this header installation. You can see the factory length ducting going through the engine tin:
Brian,
Thank you very much for the info and pics. That really also helps me figure out how the turbo ducting fits in relation to the heater ducting.

Next 3 questions:
1) Where/how is the blower then mounted? (I guess I need a topside view -- dang, I really just need an all-models manual, huh.)

2) So I do need the two scoops from earlier models that fit on top of the engine by the fan assembly? I guess that's what you were referring to by "...the heater tin at the fan shroud that matches up to these tubes..."?

3) Would 3" aluminum flexible ducting be better than the silicone heater ducting (not the foil stuff, but the more solid stretchable and bendable aluminum)(available in places like HomeDepot -- see below picture). It's 10X less expensive, is flexible, but more rigid, and more immune to heat -- or are there other factors? There must be some other reason, because Pelicaners tend to think along the lines of improv.

Thanks once again for letting me tap your expertise.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)