View Single Post

Mine is still relatively leak free but for one valve cover gasket that I'll replace anyway at next valve adjustment. For as many miles are on her, I'm quite happy. Like you, though, I would be concerned with changing to synthetic for that reason alone.

Personally, I feel that good high quality dinosaur squeezin's are fine oils for 'regular duty' driving, provided you get an oil formulated with as much ZDDP as you can find to be cam and rocker friendly. The only drawback is that non-synthetic oils are prone to coking in the turbo. We should all - myself included - consider installing a filter on the return line from the turbo to catch those little particles before they get back into the engine.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)