View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Squirrel View Post
A 1987 model probably has the automatic heating system. Is this true in your case? It is identified by the rotary dial between the seats. You should also have the engine mounted blower, which you will of course remove, the footwell blowers (which you keep), and the front compartment blower (which you also keep). In addition you should have the temperature sensor in the dash. Was all this stuff working before the swap?
Speedy,
Here is what I have in engine compartment and between the seats (see pics below). Yes, it has the rotary dial - auto heat. There is an engine mounted blower with plastic duct attached, but going nowhere. Because the the car came with headers and no HEs, I frankly do not know if the heat system was working. A blower sound (? foot and front blowers?) did come on when I messed with the impossible "German-logic" levers on the dash. I really wasn't interested at the time in checking the box out, and now that the battery is out of the car, I can't check the auto box (I'm wiring in oil cooler fans and doing other front trunk work).

Do I remove the auto heat box?

As you seem to be well-informed about this, by any chance do you have pics of how the ducting goes from the HE's on the topside of the engine? (I will have turbo piping and intercooler in the way). Rarlyl8 gave me some pics of what the underside routing would look like.

Thanks for the assist.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)