View Single Post

Garage
Brandon,

Looks like i have more of a larger problem. Once i set my pressures and then drive the car and i do a heavy acceleration and return to idle my AFR's drop down to 11 AFR. My AFR on Boost is low 10's.
I fitted the pressure gauges to the WUR and started the engine. At idle i had 13.6 AFR and my warm pressure setting was 3.8 bar. Perfect set up.
i then revved the engine and when it came back to idle the AFR was back down to 11-12 AFR. I noticed on my pressures gauges at the WUR that the fuel pressure was fluctuating by about 0.3 bar. With the air filter removed i found that the mass airflow plate was vibrating. If i touched the plate to stabilise it the fuel pressure stopped fluctuating and the AFR's returned to 13.6. So every time i rev the engine it appears that the mass airflow plate is not dampening causing my issue.
It looks like i have to have the fuel distributor overhauled as there is no dampening of the mass airflow plate. This will also give a rich condition when on boost as the airflow plate will be vibrating.
Hope you have better luck than me.
Cheers
TIM
Old 05-10-2013, 07:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)