View Single Post
Garage Queen

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimaJim View Post
They only filmed one season of RU Faster Than a Redneck? and with SPEED going away in a few months, there is hope another network will pick it up for a second season. In the meantime, we are televising our Faceoff event at Road America in June and several of the rednecks from the TV show will be competing in that event.

In fact, almost all of the rednecks from the show have competed in our Ultimate Street Car Invitational and did quite well against some heavily-modified competition from around the globe, including Joey Seely's 911, a 1,000-horsepower GTR from Switzer Performance and a 1,500-horsepower Lamborghini from Underground Racing.

I was at Road America last weekend for the MFBA event and talked to every Porsche driver in the pits, although I'm not sure I convinced any of them to run in our event. Are there any takers here who would like to prove they're faster than a redneck?

Jim McIlvaine
eCare Manager, OPTIMA Batteries, Inc.
OPTIMAŽ Batteries (optimabatteries) on Pinterest

Jim, I have really enjoy watching the Ultimate Street Car Invitational on TV. Tell Optima to keep it up!

I think the final cars to race for the $10K in "RU faster . . ." should be picked from the following with all them track ready and lightened.:

Corvette ZR1
Camero ZL1
2013 Viper SRT
Ford GT or a (12'-13')Mustang Cobra

Now, I know Corvettes and Mustangs are not "muscle cars," but many rednecks own them. Honestly, the show was/is 99 percent comedy and 1 percent racing IMHO. I base no ones performance in that show as a real representation of their car's ability.

Even though I know the show is staged, I still watched hoping a 930 would race.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)