View Single Post

My 930 saw rain once (well, maybe once or twice or so). I'll never admit to that, it will surely be a rust bucket any day now. That's the nice thing about living in a desert, I can make all sorts of no-rain claims to boost my resale value.

There's a video out there somewhere that details the entire build process at the Porsche factory. Fascinating watch. These cars get an undercoating that you wouldn't believe. Ya think maybe it rains or snows in the Mother Country???

So you gotta clean it a bit more meticulously after a shower. Whatever. Rain is rain, unless it's splashed up from the road in winter with salt etc. NaCl2H2O de-icer...or living on the ocean coast....would be my only real concerns.

Mark & Paul, you guys are screwed :-) Though I do recall driving my old '72 Targa in a SE Idaho blizzard home one afternoon (and having to get pulled out of the ditch), and driving the same car on a 5 day cross country move to Chicago land in January. That is a long snowy wet icy scary never-again-in-my-right-mind trip.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)