View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Motta View Post
I have only silicone hoses between ic turbo and ic trottle body vacuum hoses chechrd already. You mean the two wires that go to the coil or the coil inside?
I meant the main coil wire that connects to the top of the distributor. Unlikely that's your problem, but things can work themselves loose over time. I accidentally left mine disconnected once. It was still close enough to arch a spark across a couple inches, but the car ran like crap

There are so many things that can cause your symptoms. You have vacuum lines in several locations, or lines whose function isn't necessarily vacuum related but if disconnected will cause a vacuum leak - IC to the auxiliary air valve, IC to the wastegate, lines to the distributor (and where they connect to the throttle body), lines to the boost recirculation valve, and lines to the decceleration valve...unfortunately none of which are very easy to get to! The sad part is that these may - or may not be - the cause, but you have to look anyway to narrow the playing field. If all checks out ok, then perhaps your CDI is acting up and not delivering a hot enough spark when on boost. Also, do you know for certain that both fuel pumps are running?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)