View Single Post

Oil Line Question

This is my first 930 (1978) and, because it is highly modified, it represents a challenging puzzle for me and solving it moves very slowly. i have plenty of books and shop manual and owner's manual plus the biggest help: this forum.

Still, because of esoteric (for me) mods, I barely know half of the things names and functions.

There is, aftermarket of course, oil cooler line going forward on the starboard side. Just past the thermostat and in front of the rear wheel one of the lines has an air valve which is exactly the same like you find on your tires.

What is the function of this valve? If I were forced to answer myself I would say it might be useful when you want to get rid of the oil remaining in the lines and the cooler and would apply some compressed air there during the oil change. But I might be tragically wrong and would like to avoid any stupid mistake.

If I guessed the proper function of this valve then what air pressure should I apply?

Thanks, John
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)