View Single Post

77 930/3.0 build

Guys,

I my search for a wide body for an IROC 3.2 Short Stroke build I came across a 77 3.0 930, which I jumped on. I had a 78 turbo and a 91 turbo years ago which had the usual bolt on's, but I know things have changed. Since then I went over to the NA side and love the short stroke 8K screamers.

I have been told that to turn this 77 into an IROC would be a shame... even though the case is awesome due to being able to take the 66mm/6 bolt crank for a true short stroke motor. I intend to go with a stock look but build the motor and mod the suspension.

The 77 930 is in need of a complete rebuild so I have a clean slate. I want to go with CIS, but max it out. I have a GT3 oil pump, shambone made crank (70.4), Pauter rods and some other goodies I have been stashing for the 3.2SS build which can be used for this 77.

My questions: What cams, turbo, compression, headwork is needed. I have Extreme right up the road and they can handle whatever is needed for the heads.

I would like to carry boost as high in the RPM range as possible. I will be re-gearing the tranny once we see what the dyno looks like.

Thanks for the help.

Jimmy
Old 05-14-2013, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)