View Single Post
Brando

Garage
In my opinion 400 hp is very doable with cis. Your engine has very low compression which most guys don't like because of the additional lag before boost but with modern turbos that lag is reduced to full boost by 3000rpm with 6.5/1 compression. And if you turn up the boost, you get power. You can run 1.2 bar boost easily with that low compression and intercooling. With better cams X33(sc grind) or 964 grind which might be more suitable for your higher rpm desires and better exhaust headers with free flowing muffler your there. 1.2 bar boost with a modern turbo and good intercooler and the aforementioned upgrades would make you the 400hp just like that. Nothing else needed, maybe even more power depending on the parts used.
I'm making over 300 hp with my setup. Probably more like 325hp with .8 bar boost and good intercooler as well as headers and modern turbo and sc cams.
These parts arent cheep, but the goal is indeed doable easily as long as your ready for the costs.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)