View Single Post

I have been told that to turn this 77 into an IROC would be a shame.

My questions: What cams, turbo, compression, headwork is needed. I have Extreme right up the road and they can handle whatever is needed for the heads.

I would like to carry boost as high in the RPM range as possible. I will be re-gearing the tranny

Thanks for the help.

Jimmy[/QUOTE]

Back in the day these early cars were less valuable than the later ones so no line was crossed then. I have a 77 that was done when almost new. So to your your questions based upon what i know about it. Still uses Andial modded CIS. Turbo is a K29, cylinders are 98MM, heads are two plugs, cams are now 993 race cams ( i might have the part# ) as Andial recently rebuilt it but changed the cams this time, compression is stock so boost is @ 1.2 bar, and pulls very strong to over 7000 from around 3500 RPM. Timing can be increased up to 32 BTDC with 112 octane, however I keep it @ 29. Trans is a RUF 5 spd with 9:36 diff so the first 4 would be similar to a 4 spd with a 8:41 diff. I have a stock 77 also so I would never put it back to that configuration. This car is as close to a original street version 934 I ever had the chance to get.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-16-2013 at 06:15 PM..
Old 05-16-2013, 06:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)