View Single Post
Bad LT

While it has got some shake to it there is not a lot. I've got billet engine mounts and an RSR rear engine bar so that back end has very little flex. Inside the car is a 6 point factory RS Matter roll cage that also takes a heap of flex out of the chassis.
To take the vibs out I also have the pump brackets all mounted on some 2mm hard rubber washers.
The L bracket is not doing much other than acting as a damper. The C channel provides all the support for the pump. I could in fact take the L bracket out all together but its not going to hurt to leave it there and the weight of it is only a few grams. You will also note the slight gap between the C channel and the L bracket. It should leave enough of a gap should any flex need to happen.

It did also cross my mind that this my help with pump noise transfer into the cabin. Mounting it onto the body has to increase noise as per Gav's thread. I guess we will see. If I hate it I'll get a 5R pump and move this pump to gearbox cooling duties.

I'll run it for a week and see how it's going.

Last edited by Uncle; 05-16-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Old 05-16-2013, 02:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)