View Single Post

TurboKraft love and dyno results

As some of you may recall, I shipped my 934 tribute car to Chris to custom fit a second hand Prototech intercooler I purchased that sat too tall to clear my DP decklid and to fit and dyno tune the car with my new Bisimoto/Turbonetics billet 6162 turbo. While there, Chris and crew also fabricated a 934 style wastegate pipe and matching tip for the Rarlyl8 hooligan muffler I run.

First run on the dyno proved anemic (290 rear wheel horsepower) which was traced to improper timing and a leaking distributor vaccuum line. Second run netted 360 HP /347 torque to the rear wheels at .8bar. A tweak to the mixture and boost dialed up to just under 1.0 bar got me 377 HP/369 torque. Not too shabby for basic bolt ons (headers, sc cams, intercooler, leask wur, muffler, tial wastegate, etc).

Dyno graphs and pics for those playing along. Weight at 2562 lbs with a 1/4 tank of gas. (I know the corner weights are all over the place. The car will get aligned and corner balanced soon enough).

As you can tell, she is pig rich in the mid range. Looks like it is time for the enrichment delay that Leask sells unless you guys have a better source.

55 Belair
40 Ford pickup
Old 05-23-2013, 08:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)