View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I've put about 100 miles on the Hulk clutch and it has calmed down quite a bit. The chatter is nearly gone and the effort to depress the peddle seems less (or I am just getting used to it). No time to yank the engine again so I'll have to live with it a while.
Good news is we now have a bone dry engine!
This thing was leaking like a seive from everywhere. Resealed a lot of stuff.
This is a shot you wouldn't like to see:

Some @$%^&* stripped out the oil line inlet fitting at some point and just left it that way. Probably been leaking for years. Fortunately I had a spare oil pump assembly.

I wanted to change out the factory steering wheel to something more in line with the theme of the car. My spare no expense wish wheel would be an all gray 930S. I can't swallow $500 for one of those so found this Momo on eBay.
Problem now is it does not fit. I puchased what I thought was the correct hub and it won't fit either.
Does anyone know what Porsche this thing went on that won't fit 911/930?
Is there any way I can use this wheel?

Here is the ill-fitment wheel/hub:

Here is the good fitting wheel hub combo; problem is the hub is for a VW!

Here you can see the difference in the hubs:

Old 05-25-2013, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #502 (permalink)