View Single Post

Garage
Clutch pedal to the floor 1987 930

I've had my 87 930 for less than a year and still learning. Headed out for a drive, got on the highway, shifted into third and the clutch pedal dropped to the floor. Coasted to a safe pull off and called AAA for a tow back home. Started looking around assuming the couch cable had snapped. Had a friend help and pulled up on the clutch pedal from inside the car and I pulled on the cable from under the car. By pulling on the cable I could keep the pedal in the upright position but when I let go or hooked it back where it belonged, the pedal dropped back to floor. So not broken clean through. Not sure what the deal was so I went ahead and pulled the cable. Pictures attached. The dust boot on the cable was torn.. The cable looks intact. The clear plastic sheath looks to be broken, could that be it? I tried to show in picture. I will buy a new cable to compare the two. I read a thread on pedal cluster bearing but not sure it fits the problem. Most of those posts are drag and lube related. The bracket were the clutch cable attaches to the pedal cluster does have some play. Is it supposed to be rigid as in no play front to back and follow the clutch pedal? I can hold the bracket where the clutch cable connects and it does have front to back play. Pedal cluster, cable or something else.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)