View Single Post

Garage
930 Feels Like It Is Running on Less Than 6 Cylinders

Hi guys,

So I went out for a nice long drive yesterday. Car felt like it was running well.
Stopped for lunch and when I went to restart the car it was running terrible, like it was running on 5 or even 4 cylinders. Since I was ill prepared for major diagnostics on the road I drove home slowly.

I have checked and all cylinders have spark, so it seems like ignition is out (I have a twin plug electromotive ignition with built in redundancy - each coil pack runs 2 separate cylinders)

So now onto fuel. I removed the air cleaner to access to air flow plate on the CIS and I disconnected one of the steel fuel lines to one injector. Actuated the air flow plate to trigger the pumps and very little fuel came out (drops - 1 teaspoon). So the question is do I have a dead fuel pump? Do I have a failing fuel head or WUR?

I own a set of the CIS fuel pressure gauges but need a refresher course on how to use and what to read for cold and warm temps.

The car is a 1976 930 although it has a complete 3.3 intake, CIS, Euro lines, brand new injectors, Brian Lesek WUR.

You can also email me at henrymfisher@comcast.net

Thanks,
Henry
Old 05-28-2013, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)