View Single Post

Garage
Ok, on to what I believe is the problem or one of the problems. To those that suggested it was the pin that sheared off off, we have a winner! Let me say that was a bit pain in the but getting that assembly out of there. 101 projects made it sound easy lol. Couch cable I already pulled the pin and disconnected, then pull the clip and disconnect the throttle cable. That damn spring was not fun but I think jamming washers in there while the spring is stretched, did help. I will add a few more before I try to reinstall the little bast&@$. The 2 nuts you have to get that go through the floor are also fun. You need to loosen or drop the skid plate under the front of the car to get to them. That also hold the sway bar? into place. I used a jack stand to keep it in place. There is a support bar that attaches the the assembly to the brake reservoir. You can see it through a little round access hole that will come in handy for reassembly. Disconnect the bar going to the brake pedal and I think that was it. I'm sure next time I will have this procedure figured out. My son asks, hey dad how do you know how to do this stuff, well son I didn't when I started. Ask advise, read a little and jump in. Brake a few expensive parts and you will know next time what not to do. Right now I'm still in the i don't know what I'm doing yet. The story continues... Here are the pictures. Apparently this is not this assemblies first rodeo. I can tell by the painted over pitted metal on the base. I was expecting a pin and found an Allen head bolt and a nut. They were sheared off as the experts that have been down this road before suggested i check. It's goes back to my original post trying to ask if clutch pedal and the arm holding the clutch cable were fixed to each other. Te weirded thing was although loose, I guess it would bind up when I pushed the pedal and tried to hold that arm by hand and it held. Once I got the assembly out of there I was able to get a good grip on it and pushed the clutch pedal and sure enough it spun.

Here are the pictures

Old 05-28-2013, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)