View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
Agreed except the little money part. I've done it more frugally than many guys and its still not easily affordable by my standards. When you look at mods to other turbo cars, like a Toyota for example, it's another couple levels higher in cost. But in my opinion it's all worth it. Just last night I stomped my authority on a brand new Audi s6 with turbo v8.
He wanted to race so badly I could tell. That's a fast Audi, fastest I've ever seen in fact. Still I crept past it at 120mph. I researched it and found that it indeed is very fast. Off the line c&d clocked 0-60 at 3.7! Launch control is so cool.
Agreed and a bit of me worries about the "slippery slope". I think 930s are pretty mod friendly in terms of making power but it is relatively expensive depending on your reference.

A nice set of headers, a turbo, and an intercooler for example is about 6k. I sure other little things would add 1 k or so to the basic mods. So maybe 7k all in for another 75 whp over stock. Its not mega dollars but still substantial to my budget.

You can make another 75 whp on some other modern turbocharged cars if accidently fart on them
Old 05-29-2013, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)