View Single Post

Suspension Upgrades After Mods?

I have an 84 930 with the following modifications which have all been done as upgrades when other componets failed or not proper for the car like the 7 & 8 BBS RS wheels.

G50 transmission
K27-11 turbo
Exhaust manufacturer is unknown 3"ish striaght of the turbo
Lindsey Racing 17x8 with 225-45-17 front and 17x11 315-35-17 rear
front is lowered all but one notch and rear is only lowered one notch

With the G50 my car seems to always be under load and boost is always available. I know this sounds like fun, but there is a problem. After boost is about ut .5 bar the car starts to squat down pretty hard and I am rubbing slightly on the inner quarter/lip. I love the stance of the car and to be honest would lower it more if I could.

I am curious with all of the modded 930's out there what seems to be the most effective way of curbing this issue? I am looking into upgrading the torsion bars front and rear or adding a coil over type "helper" spring set up in the back.

Per the rules here is a photo of the car moments after breaking down this last weekend during a PCA drive the ball portion of the throttle snapped off and left me without throttle just as I was starting to pull on the GSXR heading down the freeway.

Last edited by cdill; 06-13-2013 at 04:28 PM..
Old 05-29-2013, 12:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)