Thread: Advice on Lag
View Single Post

Garage
Advice on Lag

Hello to all addicts of performance upgrades and weeties!
My Dilemma!!!!
Ive heard conflicting answers in the past regarding Turbo Lag and how to solve it
Anyone who has experience in this area id be happy to hear from you,

My car Car is a 1977 930 3 litre
The engine without intercooler, (i do not know the history of the engine it has 210000kays on it and runs quite nicely, the numbers match so i know the engine is the one that left factory

The dash guage boost bar reads to 1.5
the Turbo in it has been replaced for a recondition one about twelve months ago with a kkk turbocharger, according to reciepts, thats all i know, i dont know if the exhaust etc is stock and to be honest i dont know if the turbo is a porsche model either, as i bought this car without premium because of the gaps in history

But i do know the Lag can be annoying and its not in the best interest of my quiet area to drive on the edge of boost all the time in order to keep it ready if needed...

So im suffering the long spool up until it gets up to speed, but then there is no complaint.

What would be a good fairly quick (inexpensive??) way while maintaining reliability to reduce the lag?
If there is no inexpensive way then does anyone know the next best way?
Im willing to spend a bit of money on it and more if the modification guarantees a good improvement.

ive added a couple of photos of exhaust and turbo to help with ideas

Any thoughts?

Old 05-29-2013, 05:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)