View Single Post

Turbocharged Porsche Flip Flops

OK, I know you guys thought you'd gotten rid of me for good, but I needed to share this story where my wife would never hear about it.

So, I'm retiring to Maui in 4 weeks and my wife/dogs are already there. As you may know, I sold the yellow 911 turbo and a few other things for the downpayment for our retirement cottage.

As one of my retirement gifts, some colleagues gave me a very nifty pair of Porsche/Martini Racing flip flops. Very, very cool BUT, a lot smaller than I wear. So in the heat of closing the house here, I throw them into a box headed to Maui planning to exchange them for the right size later on.

Yesterday I get the most excited message from my wife saying "How did you know I needed some new "slippahs?" She said they were very, very cool and fit perfectly.

I replied "Yes, and they're turbocharged to help you climb the hill back from the beach to our house." Sigh.

I don't expect hundreds of tiny violins, but I found myself feeling slightly deprived, yet amused.

By the way, her note came on our 40th anniversary. There was no way out.

You folks take care and many thanks for the help and chuckles over the years.

58 DKW Universal - Baby Crap Yellow/Beige (sold)
Old 05-30-2013, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)