View Single Post

Garage

The way I see it, these cars are are 25-40 years old. There is no way you can be absolutely sure of the state of every single part or component in a car even if it is a one-owner, low-mile, always-garaged "pristine" example.
They are, after all, high performance supercars that need constant monitoring and renewal of all rubber brushings, seals, hoses, o-rings, etc. even if they "look" fine. Not to mention, the electrical and mechanical components that said rubber cover, protect, seal and work with. There are several of these parts that you do not want them to fail in the supercar speeds and acceleration these cars can easily achieve in daily situations.
Because of this, and with mathematics in mind, I'd rather buy a "good" example with a "solid" engine at about 30K and spend another 30K to basically "make it new" stock or not, instead of dropping 50-60K in a "pristine" car I really do not know anything about. There is nothing like pushing hard a 930 that you know EVERYTHING about. Remember, the 930 is well known to be a widow-maker so you better know your car inside out before you hand over your life on the word of the previous owner.
That's the way I went on my 930 and I could not be happier...hope this helps.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)