View Single Post

Looking for CA '79-'79 with '86 Euro Exhaust Installed

I swapped out the thermal reactors on my '79 and replaced with the TR delete pipes last year. I was also able to purchase a Euro exhaust from a fellow Pelicanite last year. It's been sitting in my garage because I don't have the ba11s to install it.

Is there anyone in SoCal with a '78-9 with the euro exhaust willing to let me see your setup? I'm also concerned about emissions issues as I know there are some components which will no longer be connected. Pics from someone outside the area but with the same CA issue would be great as well.

I'm probably going to take it to my mechanic for the install but if it isn't too bad I might try and tackle it.

The real issue at the moment (besides performance) is my current exhaust setup with stock heat exchangers and TR Deletes has a very tinny sound from 2800-3200. I'm thinking it may be from the TR Deletes as this sound did not exist prior to removal of the reactors. Nothing feels like it is loose though its possible I've got something amiss on reinstall. Rather than tshoot that issue it makes more sense to put the Euro exhaust. At work so I don't have pics or videos but I'll video later and post the sound as an fyi.

I have a Rarlyl8 hooligan muffler as well but had to remove it as it sounds like **** in that 2800-3200 range. It aint' the muffler though...its something else. The TR deletes were just a place holder until I could get around to finding and installing a euro system and here we are
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)