View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
There seems to be a little misinformation being exchanged on this thread.
First off, the 505/506 option did not exist prior to 1986 (model year 1987). ALL factory slantnose cars prior to that were Sonderwunsch (Special Wishes optioned) cars and carried no option labels stating so on the vehicle description label located on the underside of the front bonnet. Simply put, the VIN and engine SN will tell you absolutely nothing in terms of its authenticity.
It takes a great deal of investigative work on the car in question to determine if it is truly a Sonderwunsch Flachbau (1981-1986 MY).

1987-1989 Model year cars are much easier to ascertain as the genuine article. The bonnet label will state 505 or 506 and Porsche has records of VIN's built with the option. But even here, there are some 505/506 cars that went through the Exclusive Programme that had some special "tweeking" by Porsche technicians with features that were not on the options list.

For the most accurate information we have been able to come up with so far, we've put together a thread that hopefully, will give you some basis to work from.
Ultimate Slantnose, 505, 506 Flachbau thread
Thank you very much, this helps a lot. I'm currently looking at a 1987 930 with a factory slantnose, according to the seller. The VIN is WP0JB093XHS051517, made in june of 1987, so it's a 1987 model year.

It has the option sticker stating 505 on the front bonnet, among other options. One thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the car doesn't have painted fuchs, like most slant noses are. Also, the car is missing it's original warranty manual. I mean, the car has only 29 000 miles... My '85 Carrera has all it's books, even the window sticker...

I guess the best way to know is ordering a certificate of authenticity from Porsche.

The seller also told me there's a few things proving it's factory : wings in the flares are made of wood and there's only one motor for the pop up headlights (tells me fakes have one by headlight). BS or facts... ? I don't know so far.

Nicolas

Last edited by Nico911; 06-02-2013 at 06:03 AM..
Old 06-02-2013, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)