View Single Post

Trim - outsied window seal installation

I just purchased new trim pieces for my 911sc 83. I've been rebuilding this car for the past 5 years. I've redone much of the interior, had the exterior repainted and have replaced many of the rubber parts on the exterior of the car. The engine has many upgrades as well, keeping it stock but with the recommended changes. It also has new heat exchangers, not ss, but the heat works again and the windows defog nicely now. The clutch is also new, but I'm still working on getting the adjustment right. Something going on there that is not typical; even my mechanic thinks so.

The exterior window strips are some of the last items to go. I pulled the old ones out. The new ones wont go in just by sliding them in. The question that I'm hoping someone has an answer to is do I really need to take the door apart to replace the seals? Or do the aluminum window trim pieces come up somehow so that I can slide the new seals in place?

Last edited by Red 83 SC; 06-02-2013 at 02:19 PM.. Reason: making more clear
Old 06-02-2013, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)