View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico911 View Post
Thank you very much, this helps a lot. I'm currently looking at a 1987 930 with a factory slantnose, according to the seller. The VIN is WP0JB093XHS051517, made in june of 1987, so it's a 1987 model year.

It has the option sticker stating 505 on the front bonnet, among other options. One thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the car doesn't have painted fuchs, like most slant noses are. Also, the car is missing it's original warranty manual. I mean, the car has only 29 000 miles... My '85 Carrera has all it's books, even the window sticker...

I guess the best way to know is ordering a certificate of authenticity from Porsche.

The seller also told me there's a few things proving it's factory : wings in the flares are made of wood and there's only one motor for the pop up headlights (tells me fakes have one by headlight). BS or facts... ? I don't know so far.

Nicolas
The fact that it has the 505 sticker, the wooden slats in the 1/4, and the single headlight motor should indicate that the car is real.

If you pull the carpet down on each side of the trunk and inspect the mechanism that operates the light, you should be able to tell from that as well. It should look factory, not drilled out or cobbled up.

The fact that the allows are not color coded and the warranty manual is not available shouldn't be a deterrence.

Good Luck..
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 06-03-2013, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)